How we can help
For whom is the Green Destinations Program?
The Green Destinations program for GSTC-Accredited Certification and for pre-certification benchmark Awards offers tailor-made solutions to those who are seeking international recognition for sustainable tourism; and for the way they manage their heritage, their environment and climate, and the quality of their tourism offering.
- For those who consider sustainability as a key element in their tourism development policy aimed at strengthening quality, the characteristic values of the destination and consumer policies related to the inhabitants and visitors.
- For those who wish to offer guests and travelers who expect their destination to be unpolluted, natural and authentic; that there is waste separation in place and no litter all over the place; and that the natural and cultural heritage is well respected.
LEARN MORE about our work.
What are the benefits?
By becoming a Green Destinations-GD member, you will immediately benefit from these ten benefits:
- Comprehensive GD Assessment & Reporting platform dossier;
- Improved monitoring, benchmarking and reporting of relevant sustainability and quality aspects;
- Independent assessment of strengths and weaknesses, based upon our GSTC-Recognized Standard (this assessment covers more criteria than a “GSTC Assessment”),
- Independent suggestions to improve your tourism sustainability, with reference to innovative solutions;
- Learning from international experience at Green Destinations conferences: present your success stories and be inspired by peers;
- Global recognition through Green Destinations Benchmark Awards or GSTC-Accredited Certification;
- Automatic nomination to the Sustainable Destinations Top 100 competition;
- Pre-selection to the Sustainable Top 100 Destination Awards, hosted and sponsored by ITB Berlin, the world’s Leading Travel Trade Show;
- The option to create a Green Travel Guide and map to present your destination and its responsible travel offer to the travel market;
- The most affordable destination-level program available in the marketplace.
The Green Travel Guide concept is developed as a means of strengthening sustainable development and green promotion of destinations. Since early 2019 we cooperate with a number of destinations that meet our green criteria.
Our main goal is to link travelers with green destinations and local businesses, in order to promote responsible and sustainable tourism.
The aim of a Green Travel Guide is to promote an attractive and responsible holiday and leisure offer in selected destinations by:
- Encouraging businesses and governments to meet criteria that are aligned with the with Green Destinations’ G.R.E.E.N. values;
- Monitoring and verifying sustainability aspects through independent checks;
- Supporting the promotion of regions as green holiday destinations.
In addition to participation in our destination certification program, the Green Travel Guide offers local governments and their business sector a new tool to boost its development as a “Green Destination” and for a more coherent promotion of “sustainable attractions and companies “. Based on the first pilots we will evaluate the wider market potential of this tool among tour operators, travel agents, consumers.
SUSTAINABLE FESTIVALS, GREEN MEETINGS
Learn ways to “green” your next M.I.C.E./Event (not to mention all those Festivals, Fiestas & Fetes). Book or learn the Sustainable Events Management with CSR Workshops.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY – CSR PROGRAMS
“You make a living with what you get,
you make a life with what you give.”
~ Winston Churchill
Support and communicate your corporate citizenship and concern for local communities in social responsibility initiatives.
Provide partnership and support to local and international non-profit or non-governmental organizations in their Sustainable Tourism & Development programs with facilitating tools and manpower.
Partnership – Implementing Arm in the Philippines, ASEAN & Asia Pacific
SSTDI could be the partner of choice international organizations for the implementation of environmental, sustainability, green, other social responsibility programs in the Philippines. Technical and expert assistance programs on environmental management, initiatives and collaborative undertakings, as well as training and capacity building.
Our Society for Sustainable Tourism & Development Inc.-SST offers Learning, Capacity Building, Educational programs, Green Solutions and Services for public stakeholders: Destinations – LGUs and host communities; Private stakeholders – Hotels, Resorts, Hospitality, Tour Operators and Businesses with Green Destinations, Global Leaders Program and Green Travel Guide platform to include Environmental Conservation and Compliance, Good Governance, Climate Resilience, to address global challenges of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): food security, poverty alleviation, environmental sustainability and climate resilience for the local host community. Water waste -STP (P.T. Amanaid Philippines) and Waste to Energy (W2E) solutions as well as other green destinations innovations are now offered to LGUs and tourism industry for law compliance.
For more information and assistance, contact us.