Sustainable Tourism Development and Stewardship
The Calamianes Cultural Conservation Network Inc.(CCCNI)and the Society for Sustainable Tourism & Development, Inc.(STTDI)jointly organized The Coron InitiativeCapacity Building & Training Conference & Workshop Series 2013 for Environmental Conservation, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Tourism, as a showcase program of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)- Asia Pacific & the Asia and the Pacific Forum for Environment and Development (APFED).
After the successful 1st Environmental Forum held last November 2011, wherein public and private stakeholders of Coron & Calamianes Islands forged a cooperation in environmental responsibilities, concerns and solutions, the TCI with support from Society for Sustainable Tourism & Development has embarked on its Capacity Building & Training Programs for Sustainable Tourism, Environmental Conservation & Stewardship, Social Responsibility and Economic Development for Grassroots towards a Green Economy.
These Capacity Building and Sustainable Tourism Development and Stewardship training can engage not only the Coron & Calamianes Islands stakeholders but was also open to all public and private stakeholders, who wish to train and build capacity in the development and stewardship of their natural- or cultural based tourism. Ultimate output is to foment a comprehensive environmental protection, socio-cultural responsibility and equity and sustainable tourism development framework for destinations which can be a replicable model in the Philippines & Asia Pacific.
The Capacity Building & Training is open to ALL interested in Environment Conservation, Social Responsibility & Sustainable Tourism development & stewardship, triple bottom line businesses, in the tourism industry.
WHO CAN JOIN:
- Travel & tourism industry sector, tour operators, travel agents and tour guides;
- Public sector, Politicians/Statesmen, Public/civil servants: Government agencies, LGUs in charge of environment, governance, planning, development and tourism;
- Hospitality sector: hotels and resorts, restaurants, bars, owners, managers, decision makers;
- Tourism service & Eco/organic product providers: small and medium business owners, leisure, spa, beauty, food & health products/services;
- Real estate & land owners, Developers, Contractors, Architects, Builders, Suppliers;
- Energy, Water, Organic farming & Recycling industries;
- Land, water and air transport: Tour bus operators, Cruises/Ships; Airlines
- Recreation and sports facilities: scuba, snorkeling, mountaineering, adventure, outdoor shops & gears;
- NGOs, cooperatives, People’s Organizations, Environmental, Conservation & Green Advocacy groups;
- Academe, educators, youth leaders;
- Concerned citizens and sustainability advocates;
Like our Facebook Page, Society For Sustainable Tourism & Development Inc.
Check out PHOTOS of The Coron Initiative Capacity Building Series, HERE.
For more articles about The Coron Initiative from the media, please read HERE.